SOME OF YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED
What Experience is Needed?
No previous experience is necessary as we give full tuition including lockside demonstration.
Are Locks Difficult?
Locks are really quite easy to operate but some physical effort is required and you will be given tuition on how to use them as there are locks close to our Marina base.
Can I Bring My Pet?
Cheshire Cat Narrowboat Holidays welcome well behaved pets. You are advised to bring your own pet bedding, no charge for pets.
What to Bring?
Please read the boat inventory to see what is provided.
- Suitable clothes for expected/unexpected weather conditions
- Stout shoes for walking/working locks
- Provisions, especially for a meal the first night
- Camera, sunglasses, sunhat, suncream
- Cash (not all pubs and canal shops take card payments)
- For winter cruising, warm/waterproof coat, several pairs of gloves, warm hat
- For pets: bed, feeding bowls, lead, scoop and poo bags and Towels for after their swim (planned or otherwise).
- Your security and damage deposit.
Other useful items:
- Picnic chairs
- Coolbox (ice blocks are provided)
- Thermos flask
- Bicycles (please bring a suitable mat to protect the boat roof from scratches)
- Fishing rod – local byelaws must be observed
- CD’s, DVD’s, games,
- Mobile phone charger
We provide the kitchen sink!
When Can We Pick Up The Boat
Pickup time – 2pm for Saturday and Sunday starts. 10am for midweek starts.
Please check your booking conformation for return timings.
For short break collection and returns please see our availability
Ordering your groceries online
All the leading supermarkets deliver to Overwater Marina (Coole Lane, Newhall, Nantwich, Cheshire CW5 8AY).
Please choose a delivery time when you will be in the marina and available to receive your order. The marina will not accept your order on your behalf.
Do bear in mind that the fridge on the boat has limited capacity.